Assessment and induction advice for international new arrival pupils, asylum seekers and refugees and Gypsy, Roma and Traveller pupils
NASSEA associates include specialists in working with INA, asylum seeker, refugee and Gypsy, Roma and Traveller pupils and their families/ carers.
Our associates offer:
- Initial language assessment for International New Arrival EAL learners (First language and English or English-only) with a report summarising language acquisition in languages assessed and recommendations for immediate support strategies;
- Home visit in family’s preferred language, where possible, to ascertain the pupil’s previous educational experience, language repertoire, learning style, learning, health and emotional needs and family situation;
- Advice to your school on the induction of International New Arrival, asylum seeker, refugee or Gypsy, Roma and Traveller pupils;
- CPD for staff on key issues in education for INA, asylum seeker, refugee or Gypsy, Roma and Traveller pupils;
- Initial support to settle new pupils into the classroom and promote access to the curriculum and language development:
- Specialist Teacher of EAL/ GRT pupils;
- Specialist Bilingual Assistant;
- Specialist EMA/ GRT assistant.
For further information and requests for NASSEA Services please contact Ameer Abbasi on mobile number 07845 649 624, telephone number 0161 253 6422/23 or through e-mailing email@example.com.